Fashion Rehab: How to Stop Compulsive Shopping
Edit 01/08/2011: Gala has just posted an article about Shopping Detox. I find this very useful and interesting, you may want to give it a look!
Some tips I find useful for myself as well:
- Stay away from Ebay, Amazon, Asos and whatsoever!
- Stay faaar away from department stores, shopping streets and such.
- Tide up your wardrobe! Pull everything out, put everything in order! You’ll see there’s much stuff you didn’t remember and ideas on how to wear it will come!
- Prepare your day outfit on the evening before you go to sleep: having more time and calm to decide will help not to fall in “I have nothing to wear” thought you always have when you’re in a hurry and outfits don’t jump out of the closet wearing themselves out!
- Do a list of basic things you REALLY need, and do scheduled shopping like: bring a very little money with you so you only buy what you really need, and buy one thing per time!
- Leave your bank card and credit card at HOME!
- Do something creative: use your diy skills and create something yourself from yourself; it’s amazingly rewarding in terms of self esteem and money saving.
- Do lots of things in your spare time: watch movies, tv serials, read tons of books, draw, do diy projects… it helps to not think about false needs.
Do you have some other suggestions that worked for you or that you think could help?
About the Author
Hey, it's Elisa, founder of styleonvega.com. I'm a social media strategist & consultant by day and blogger by night (honing my multitasking skills since 2006 ;). I'm an atypical Italian, freedom lifestyle advocate and modern spirituality enthusiast. Feel like we could get along? Join me just above this box or get in touch with me on Facebook or Twitter.